Hott 3D, the exhibition stand, display and event branding company is pleased to announce its involvement with Future Cape Town and its ‘Your City Idea’ concept which be launched on 17th of May 2012 at Cape Town’s new ideas district, The Fringe.
This is the first in a series of Activate Projects by Future Cape Town. Activate, is a sub-project of Future Cape Town which seeks to use structures, new and traditional media and powerful partnerships to engage citizens in different and innovative ways.
The public installation will offer visitors a chance to vote on two urban issues or questions, with four options to choose from. The options will be displayed as images or future visions for Cape Town, presented in four pigeon holes.
Hott3D’s involvement will be the design, manufacture and construction of the structures which will be used for this project. This investment is inline with Hott3D’s philosophy of giving back, and what better place to give back to, than our beautiful Cape Town and its people.
Future Cape Town, headed up by Rashiq Fataar, is a diverse collection of minds that are driven by sustainability and innovative approaches to modern urban design challenges. Through cooperation and collaboration, they aim to inspire citizens, the public sector and the private sectors by focusing on, “Inspiring a more livable Cape Town” .
The Fringe is another urban initiative focused on showcasing Cape Town’s extraordinary design talent and is an up-and-coming environment for design, media and ICT innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship.
THE FRINGE AIMS TO:
- INCUBATE: Facilitate incubators and shared spaces for young designers and creative businesses
- ENABLE: Facilitate innovation through industry support, prototyping facilities and the collocation of associated services
- SHOWCASE: provide a platform for design talent to get to market and into public awareness
- The Your City Idea installation will appear in the form of a 2.5m high and 1.1m ballot box in The Fringe – Cape Town’s Design and Innovation District.
- The project takes place in The Alley – a continuation of Barrack Street, between Harrington and Canterbury Streets.
- All Capetonians, young and old, are encouraged to visit The Alleyway, to vote and have their say on the future of Cape Town.
Online News Article: Vote for city of the future
Hott 3D designs, manufactures and builds trade show exhibition stands and temporary event infrastructure. The company provides complete expo solutions all over South Africa including – Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg.
We also have a full graphic design studio, speak to us about getting your message across beautifully.