The Wedding Expo®, South Africa’s premier bridal show, which will take place from 6th – 7th April 2013, is proud to announce a partnership with Clover and Sasko Flour for the successful Cake Challenge in April 2013.
The Wedding Expo® and its sponsors are inviting all cake makers to stand the chance of being judged “the best cake in 2013” by submitting their Wedding Cake to The Wedding Expo® Cake Challenge with Clover and Sasko Flour.
“Television has brought us a host of international and local shows highlighting the intrigue around cake making and this has driven the demand for more and more creativity in the cake baking arena. We are very proud to be associated with the kind of confectionery talent we saw in April 2012 and with Clover and Sasko Flour on board as sponsors, we are able to up the ante and are looking forward to seeing a fantastic class of cake makers entering this challenge,” says Amanda Cunningham, Managing Director of The Wedding Expo®.
The competition, which is open to all cake makers, will require that entrants submit a dummy wedding cake and piece of real cake for tasting, together with a comprehensive description their cake and the motivation for their design. All cakes will be submitted to a blind judging by a panel of judges which will include highly respected representatives from the culinary and cake decorators industry, sponsors and the media.
“An event like The Wedding Expo® Cake Challenge is an ideal platform for bakers and Clover fans alike to experience first-hand the quality and versatility of our award winning products,” says Assistant Brand Manager, Devashni Ganess. “This is because the competition won’t just be about appearances – cakes will have to taste as good as they look and all good bakers know that top baking starts with quality ingredients.”
Dannie Bower, Marketing Director at Sasko Grain says that they are proud to be co-sponsoring The Wedding Expo® Cake Challenge, saying, “We are constantly searching for the perfect platforms to engage with our consumers on. Beautifully baked cakes and wedding cakes are Always Soft and Fluffy with Sasko Flour.”
There will be three categories for judges to vote on: Best Overall Cake, Best Tasting Cake and Best Decorated Cake. The winners of these categories will receive the honour and recognition of their achievement as well as fantastic cash prizes to the overall value of R16 000.
Entry into the challenge will cost R300 per person and all cakes will be judged on Friday 05 April prior to the Expo opening the following morning. Entry forms and terms and conditions are available on The Wedding Expo® website http://www.wedding-expo.co.za.
Public’s Choice Award
In addition, visitors to the show can stand a chance to win a hamper of products from Clover and Sasko Flour. By simply viewing the cakes at the Expo, visitors to the Expo will be able to vote for their favourite cake in The Wedding Expo® Cake Challenge with Clover and Sasko Flour. The winner will be randomly drawn from the entrants of the cake which garnered the most votes and will receive a fabulous product hamper from sponsors Clover and Sasko Flour.
The Wedding Expo®
The Wedding Expo®, is the must attend bridal event for any bride to be planning a dream wedding. Dresses, shoes, accessories, music, invitations, table decor, flowers, photographers, cakes, honeymoons, The Wedding Expo® has it all!
The who’s who of the wedding industry will showcase everything a bride could ever dream of wanting to find for her special day and more! Brides-to-be will be able to plan their day down to the finest of details at The Wedding Expo®.
Inspirational table settings and floral design will give the bride-to-be ideas for her big day. Cakes of every shape, size and design will be on display. Find wedding venues to suit any wedding theme or take time out to chat to some of South Africa’s top wedding planners to tailor-make the perfect day.
Leading wedding dress designers will show the latest trends in wedding attire at the four daily fashion shows – traditional gowns to funky bridesmaids’ dresses, there will be something for every taste and dream! The latest ready to wear collections will be presented from world renowned international labels imported from UK, USA and Italy – Pronovias and Maggie Sottero to name a few.
Date: 6 and 7 April 2013
Venue: Coca-Cola dome, Northgate
Time: 09h00 to 17h00
Cost: R100 per person at the door or online at http://www.wedding-expo.co.za
Why become an exhibitor?
There are over 184 000 weddings in South Africa every year, so how do YOU benefit from exhibiting with The Wedding Expo?
- The Wedding Expo® has an advertising campaign valued at over R3 million. This attracts up to 15 000 visitors to each show – each one of them potential business for you
- The Wedding Expo® grows year on year
- The Wedding Expo® delivers a mutual benefit between the exhibitor and the bride, an opportunity to speak directly to the target audience and develop an emotional connection while simultaneously delivering the bride a convenient opportunity to have all her questions answered
- No other form of advertising can offer you the chance to interact with over
- 15 000 potential brides-and-grooms-to-be who contribute to the growing number of marriages in South Africa today
- You have the opportunity to make bookings and sell your product at the exhibition
- The Wedding Expo® is a powerful marketing tool through the presence at the show and The Wedding Expo® PR and marketing machine is available for you to contribute stories and content to.
- High-profile exposure – The Wedding Expo® has grown a professional reputation over 13 shows and is the most important bridal exhibition in South Africa, setting the bench mark for all other shows
- Competitions! You have the opportunity to be involved in competitions with The Wedding Expo, giving you added exposure
- Free listing in the show guide (10 000 printed for each show) on www.wedding-expo.co.za
- Addition advertising opportunities on The Wedding Expo® website and in The Wedding Expo® Show guide
What makes The Wedding Expo different?
Throughout the 12 years and 20 shows experience in the South African bridal industry The Wedding Expo® recognises that our client’s time and marketing budget are valuable and has found a niche in the market that provides a valuable marketing experience that is low cost, effective and time efficient.