HOTT3D were commissioned in March of 2012 to plan, design and produce the event signs and signage for the 6th World Congress of Pediatric Cardiology, which was recently completed at the CTICC in Cape Town, South Africa.
The CTICC is a large, linear venue. Deciding how best to ensure 3500 international delegates knew where to go during their visit was no easy task. Key in this planning was the movement of delegates between 9 different conference streams as well as the exhibition halls.
- “You are here” maps through out the venue
- Large welcome and registration demarcation banners
- Large directional banners to all halls and lower level conference streams
- Huge banners at the main first floor escalators indicating the direction of venues
- Specific agenda displays outside each venue
- Generic logo branding to the exterior glass doors of the CTICC
- Massive pillar wraps to the lower level to re-enforce the event brand
- Abstract use of the event icon…the Protea on the first level bridge in an impressive array of tall suspended prints.
- A variety of portable displays for use as airport welcome signage and also for use at the various offsite functions such as at Kirstenbosch, where Johnny Clegg thrilled the visitors with a true African experience in the “most beautiful garden in Africa”
Planning was done via a series of plans and elevations, incorporating real photos of the areas intended for use with visual overlays to illustrate positions.
About the Congress
The 6th World Congress built on the solid scientific foundations established through previous World Congresses from Paris in 1993, through Cairns 2009. Cape Town provided the meeting place for the global coalition of doctors, nurses and health scientists who use research and technological development to provide better care for babies, children and adults with heart disease. This is the major international scientific event for our global community and an opportunity to highlight and review four years of research and technological developments in basic sciences, clinical research and therapeutic interventions. The best international faculty promises an exceptional scientific programme across the different disciplines, from interventions, procedures and operations through critical care.
HOTT3D design, manufacturer and build trade show booths and exhibition stands in South Africa. We provide our National and International clients with a well thought out platform to better market their brand and products at Trade Shows across South Africa.View our Exhibition Stand options here