Attention all exhibitors, I feel your frustration and completely get it now. Working at GES has really opened my eyes to how much time, effort, blood, sweat and tears go into exhibiting at a show or in some cases, (for most of you reading this), multiple shows a year. Do you ever feel like our efforts go unrecognized? Welp, I must say that as anyone in marketing, event planning and in our industry in general knows, this is our reality. When the “A” leads are coming in, lots of praise is going out, but other than that, zilch, zero and a big ol’ nada. What if I told you there’s another way? Instead of waiting around for the praise, let’s earn it together! Or if I keep up this rant … I may need you to call the whaaaaa-bulance for me (rant ended here).
Let me introduce to you #boothlove. This new program was launched by the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) and BizBash to recognize the best trade show booths all around the world. In order for us to show just how amazing our work is to the world, we need everyone’s participation! All you need to do is pull out your smartphone at the next tradeshow and, “See, Snap and Share.” Whether you’re an exhibitor, show organizer, event consultant, strategic partner, or conference attendee, this contest is for you! It offers you not only a chance to show off your awesome work, but also be inspired and inspire others by gaining a “peek over the fence” for new ideas. Here’s what you need to do:
1. SEE an excellent business-to-business tradeshow booth.
2. SNAP a picture with your camera or Smartphone.
3. SHARE the picture to Twitter or Instagram, being sure to include:
– The #Boothlove hashtag.
– The name of the company featured in the booth.
– The name of the company who created the booth.
– The name of the tradeshow.
4. Visit IAEE.com/Boothlove to see the gallery of submitted images. A panel of industry experts will chose the top submissions, and then you will vote to choose the winner. The winner will be announced at IAEE’s Annual Meeting and Exhibition, December 10-12, 2013 in Houston, Texas. Here’s An Example Tweet or Instagram Caption:
“Awesome booth for [COMPANY NAME] by [BOOTH CREATOR] at [TRADE SHOW NAME] [LINK] #BoothLove” Submissions are open until Nov. 1. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I’ll get back to you.