To make our life easier and to help our clients get the most out of their exhibition stand or event infrastructure, we provide them with a briefing document to complete comprehensively at the very beginning of the whole process.
The document that we provide clients, serves as a starting point for HOTT 3D MARKETING to create an exhibition stand that achieves the goals and requirements of a company. We have found that it’s important to know as much as possible about a company in order to get an understanding of how to design a company’s presence at an exhibition, roadshow or event. We also finds that it aids clients in getting a better understanding of their goals and what it may take to have a successful showing at a particular exhibition or event.
It also tends to point out things that an inexperienced Marketing Manager or Brand Manager may miss (sometimes even clients with experience can’t cover all the bases.) Things like storage after the show, why a previous exhibition design stand failed and will you need private meeting rooms?
All the listed points help us provide our clients with a detailed map of how to successfully exhibit their company.
To make it easier to digest we divide it into various aspects, which include:
- About the company
- About the stand Look & Feel
- Functional Requirements
- Checklist & Tips
- Event promotional tips
ABOUT THE COMPANY
- A couple of paragraphs about your company
- Describe the company in 5 or ten words (i.e. young, vibrant, tech etc.)
- Your core services/ products are? (With relevance to the exhibition)
- The size of the company, i.e. the number of employees, a rough turnover figure (don’t feel obliged to provide this, but it does help us to understand your company – there is great deal of difference between how a R 100,000 company and a R 100,000,000 company should look)
- Which countries do you operate in?
- How long have you been established?
- Any other company information that might be important
ABOUT THE STAND
In order to understand what you need from the exhibition stand, consider the following:
- Outline the aims of the exhibition stand: Product awareness, generate more sales, brand awareness, to promote a new product/service…
- Is the stand part of a re-brand, a new product launch or part of an ongoing strategy?
- What are the unique selling points of your company/product/service?
- Who is the target audience and what are their demographics? (Age, Social Class, Income Level, etc.)
- What industry are you targeting the stand at?
- List a few competitors
- Decide upon a budget which should include everything that would be required in the stand
- Do you wish to purchase the stand outright or hire it for each show?
- Generally an exhibition stand purchased outright will incur a storage charge unless used frequently. It will also be subject to charges for refurbishment and amendments.
- How will you operate the exhibition stand? By demos, visuals with literature, a/v, etc.
- How many of your staff will be working on the exhibition stand at any one time?
- Will you provide refreshments?
- Will you have ‘giveaways’?
- Name an incident where a previous exhibition design stand failed? Why did it fail?
LOOK & FEEL
- The exhibition stand should be an extension of any media, advertising or branding that you have. Please provide some form of marketing material/literature or the annual report to help us get a feel for the company
- Design is subjective and in order for us to get an idea of what you like please include:
- 3 or 4 examples of exhibition stands that you like (not limited to your industry)
- Examples of what you like about them: i.e. colour schemes, graphics, audio visual elements or structural elements
- Do you have access to corporate images or a company image library and are these available for the final stand?
- Do you have the graphics and copy text ready to go for the exhibition?
- Do you have the resources or skills to create and supply the text?
- If not, we have a full graphic design studio that can provide those services for you
Read part II: Functional Requirements, Checklist & Tips and Event promotional tips over here. (coming next week)
HOTT3D design, manufacturer and build trade show booths and exhibition stands in South Africa. We provide our National and International clients with a well thought out platform to better market their brand and products at Trade Shows across South Africa.