To make our life easier and to help our clients get the most out of their exhibition stand or event infrastructure, we provide them with a briefing document to complete comprehensively at the very beginning of the whole process.
Read Part 1 over here: Briefing in your next Exhibition Stand (part 1)
In part 1 we covered:
- About the company: Core services/ products and the size of the company
- About the stand: aims of the exhibition stand, target industry and markets and previous exhibition design stand failed
- Look & Feel: The exhibition stand should be an extension of any media, advertising or branding and do you have the graphics and copy text ready to go for the exhibition.
Here in part 2, we will cover the subjects of:
- Functional Requirements of your exhibition stands
- Checklist and tips for your exhibition
- Event promotional tip
- What site have you selected for your exhibition stand?
- Is it an island, open on three/two/one sides?
- Have you checked the proposed flow of the visitors traffic
- Please include a site plan if possible
- What is the best orientation for the stand? It may at times be best to face a large visitor attraction, rather than an entrance.
- Do you wish your stand to be open and inviting or does it have to promote a more targeted approach with private meeting rooms?
- Do you require a kitchen area?
- What services do you require?
- Power, water & waste, telephone, internet, etc.
- Will you have a raised floor? (Such floors may require a ramp for disabled access)
- Do you wish to reuse the stand or elements of it?
- How much storage space do you require?
- Do you require display cabinets for products?
- Please list physical product to be displayed with photo examples/ manuals/ specs.
- Do you require any audio visual equipment?
- How many literature racks, carrier bag hooks, etc.?
- Does your product require specialist lifting or handling?
- What is the maximum height allowed and do you wish to utilize this?
- Is it possible to suspend marketing material/stand elements from the ceiling?
- Do you understand the Health & Safety requirements – if not, we can help
CHECKLIST & TIPS
- Are you certain the exhibition is the correct one? If so book early to get the best site available
- Book hotels early to obtain the best rates and locations etc.
- Appoint an exhibition stand design & project Management Company early to allow time for completion of visuals etc.
- Pass the exhibitors manual to the appointed company to ensure that deadlines for ordering services etc. for the exhibition stand are not missed as this will result in extra cost
- Decide graphic content early for production allowing plenty of time for the graphics to be sent with the exhibition stand if it has to be freighted Appoint somebody within the company to liaise with the design and project Management Company. This will hopefully help to stop design by committee which is generally a disaster
- How will you obtain details of visitors? Bar code readers, business cards, etc.
- How do you propose to judge the success of exhibiting at this event?
EVENT PROMOTION TIPS
When you’ve decided to spend money on a new exhibition stand, it is very important to start promoting that stand and not only relying on the exhibition organizers to do it for you.
Consider the following methods:
- Postal mail shots
- PR exercise
- Social Media
- Complimentary gifts
- Web site promotion
Promoting the stand is especially important if you are one of many providing the same or similar products/service at the show. If you do not tell your clients and potential clients you are exhibiting, there is a good chance that you competitors will be inviting them to their own exhibition stand.
So to get the best out of your next Marketing initiative at a an exhibition, trade show or experiential marketing campaign, provide as much detail as you can to your service provider, upfront. It can only be beneficial to your company in the long run.
HOTT3D design, manufacturer and build trade show booths and exhibition stands in South Africa. We provide our National and International clients with a well thought out platform to better market their brand and products at Trade Shows across South Africa.View our Exhibition Stand options here.